Re: Incorrect Posting

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy87 on August 05, 2002 at 17:54:12:

In Reply to: Incorrect Posting posted by Eric Bowman-Peace Dive Boat on August 05, 2002 at 17:00:42:

Anonymous poster? Randy87 here Eric. I hate to burst your little bubble, but I included my email address in the post. It is not difficult to figure out which people are anonymous and which are not Eric. Get with it buddy! You want to start immediately slamming people on the board along with everyone else I see.

Lesson #1 for Eric: Sockpuppets that give fake email addresses and names are the ones we usually term "anonymous". For future reference, a "y" in the word may help too.

Anyways, what do you mean I have nothing better to do than mudsling. I did nothing even absolutely close to that! In my post, I was commenting on the posts of others about the Iron Eagle. Some of the cockroaches that hide on this board were criticizing the Eagle as usual. The comment I was specifically referring to was when people were saying that the Eagle left behind a diver.

The only thing I said was, "Didn't the Peace leave a diver behind the weekend of the Scuba Show? I don't see anyone slamming them." I used this as an example, since I was trying to defend the Eagle, despite the fact that I have never even been on the boat. Trying to defend her from the people you are now saying I am! How ironic!

If you would like to take a look at the link below, there was thread back in June after the Scuba show that talked about the Peace leaving a diver in the water. That is where I heard that story. I've heard several people talking about this "alleged" incident on you boat back in June actually. Probably started from the same background that gave rise to this thread. So I did not just start some random rumor. I also phrased my post as a question, because I was not 100% sure about this situation. Others were welcome to comment on it or post the correct information, but until your arrival today, no one exactly jumped up to defend you, did they.

Today, was the first day since that day in June that I actually went back to that post and I see someone did post a follow-up later on, saying "Wrong". Of course I have somewhat of a life Eric and I do not spend everyday, reading every post, and going back through weeks of posts to make sure I didn't miss a follow-up.

The link below is the original thread if you care to see it:

http://www.diver.net/bbs/messages/29884.shtml

Randy87

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]