Re: What's wrong with 104's?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on August 16, 2002 at 09:32:38:

In Reply to: Re: What's wrong with 104's? posted by Steve on August 14, 2002 at 13:39:44:

Your original post said "I thought 104's were an unequivocal no no for open water diving." You said nothing about what was optimal for diving the Moody. Double AL80's are fine for the Moody if you're diving it wet. Please accept my apologies for not reading your mind. I'll try to do better next time.

As for your other points, they are total nonsense in the context of dry suit diving. When using a dry suit in OW, 104's are optimal provided you need the gas. For the Moody, I could do two 30 minute dives with 20/30 and have lots of gas left over without having to blowback. 104's should not be used with a wetsuit anywhere, which my post made clear.

Steve, you seem to have returned to the indignant, truculent, snotty tone of yore: "Is six reasons anough for you?". From the content of your post, it seems you haven't learned much about diving (or grammar) since the last time you tried that attitude, either.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]