remedial thermodynamics

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI_2 on August 21, 2002 at 14:31:01:

In Reply to: Re: Welcome to the Group W Bench posted by Kendall Raine on August 21, 2002 at 10:48:15:

Murphy's law of thermodynamics:

Things get worse under pressure.

1st Law of Thermodynamics: Energy is constant

[this was refuted however at Los Alamos by Oppenheimer and Teller using Einsteins formulae.]

2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Entropy is increasing.

[this tends to be refuted by recent red-shift observations of the known Universe expanding at an increasing rate, not at a decreasing rate as expected under the 2nd Law together with the Big Bang theory.]

OK, now that you have all figured out that I am NOT a rocket scientist, and neither is Chuck nor Kendall, or Wayne, ...

IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE to understand that the constant cooling and rewarming of your hose connection points, being stainless steel, will expand and shrink under the changing temperatures, and therefore get loose.

I understand Chuck's problem, because he went to Stanford, where any rich kid could buy himself/herself a degree. I dont know where the rest of you went to college however.

I hope USC has not fallen to the same depths of degree-prostitution that Stanford has.

[My favorite team in any sport is any team playing against Stanford University.]

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]