Re: Dive planning

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on August 23, 2002 at 07:43:19:

In Reply to: Re: One last try. posted by Kendall Raine on August 21, 2002 at 18:48:54:

"Steve, since I can't seem to figure out the difference on my own."

I'll try one last time. It's all about dive planning. I'm sure you've heard the term before. There is only so much a diver can do to steamline and have as little an air bubble as possible when wearing a BC. If a diver plans the dive and takes along only the gas and lightest possible equipment needed for the dive they will be far more streamline and efficient then you with your 320cf (two 140's plus 40cf stage) and your heavy light. I don't think you and Gripes can comprehend this. Look at how you ridiculed that petite female diver with her AL50 in your usual snotty and indignant manner. If her SAC rate is .20 she will use 1.1 cf per minute at the depth of the Moody. She has plenty of air for an 8 to 15 minute bottom time dive and ascent. As it was she returned with half a tank. I don't know how she rigged herself but if she wore a drysuit and a neutrally buoyant BC AL50 and pony bottle she could wear a 16 pound weight harness. If her drysuit and BC failed at depth she would loose all buoyancy but she could drop the 16 pounds of lead and simply swim up very near neutrally buoyant. She has an excellent configuration and dive plan but you don't seem to get it. She would be far more streamlined and efficient than you. I think were done here. Except for you usually ignorant insult of course.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]