Brad - I didn't post it but -----

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by finfan on September 04, 2002 at 08:06:52:

In Reply to: Health of LA harbor is improving posted by . on September 04, 2002 at 00:08:36:

I didn't post it or write it in the Times, (if I post it I'll put my tag by it) but the timing of it couldn't be better given our recent debate below. As you can see I don't think I'm the only one who believes pollution and sedimentation has had a hugh impact on our local waters.

Based on your last post below, I sense you will never be willing to back off of your statements (regardless of how much tangible evidence is provided) that it is recreatuional fishing that has done the damage. I certainly do not plan on backing down that I think recreational fishing is only a small component and that pollution is one of the significant factors in declines of our local populations. I guess when I offered the hatchery concept as a part of the solution and your dismissal of the seabass hatchery's success is what convinced me the debate was going no where.

The catch rates on local baitfish populations that you provide as support are only at those levels because the regulations and environmental efforts are working to restore our local water quality.

I thought the article was interesting in its discussion of the food chain impact. Remember a concept I discussed with you at some length in our debate below. I also found the sedimentation discussion interesting since you dismissed those points also in our earlier debate.

Take care and enjoy the return of the white seabass to the islands. I'm not sure what you think caused that since you don't believe it was the hatchery and last I looked we don't have a white seabass reserve anywhere.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]