Re:I don't understand

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on September 10, 2002 at 11:42:43:

In Reply to: Re:I don't understand posted by tecdiver on September 10, 2002 at 10:15:32:

I see what you mean about acceptable standards however I don't believe I ever said it was better for a newbie to dive this way and if I did please point out the post. Some divers seem to prefer this method for some things they can do better without the drag of a BC. I believe these divers set an example on how overweighted many divers dive but I don't recommend it. I do recommend studing the physics to this dive method and begin to ween yourself off the reliance that a BC being part of your life support system by reducing the amount of lead you wear and thus adding less and less air into the BC until one day you achieve neutral buoyancy. Then the BC becomes a safety feature like a seat belt in a car. Not necessary to get where your going but nice to have when you want to use it.

Steve

ps: Acceptable Standards and personal freedoms seems to me to be a slippery slope to start addressing but be my guest to proceed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]