Re: Two DS's

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scubaboy on October 29, 2002 at 11:53:00:

In Reply to: Re: Two DS's posted by Steve on October 29, 2002 at 11:13:36:

Closing an area is not managing, as I said earlier it is just a reaction to the issue they have been neglecting for years. If DFG was managing as it should be we would not be in this bind. The closure only takes focus off the real problem. You are correct it will help this area, BUT this area only. It will cause even greater harm to the areas that not part of this closure. So if we are to follow this theory of management then by the time my grand children are of age to dive there will be nowhere for them to dive as DFG will have closed the entire Pacific Ocean.

The only way to solve this problem is to throw Davis' ass out of office and put some real Managers in charge of the DFG. It is a 5 member board and could easily incorporate a member from each interest area, most importantly a Marine Biologist.

Last time I checked there was plenty of life growing in all of San Diego's no take areas. Plenty proof that us rubber-neckers are not the ones causing damage.

As I said earlier I know you truly do not feel this way and you are just keeping the conversation going. What we need to do as a diving community is see to it that these people (Government Officials) are held responsible for their incompetence and lack of interest in doing their job as we have elected them to do. Let's not let them ride off into the sunset while our resources are being depleted to feed other countries.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]