The rig dive had several requirements...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rm on January 15, 2003 at 09:00:43:

In Reply to: Re: "The rig dive had a requirement of an advance C Card" posted by AADIVER on January 14, 2003 at 20:49:55:

The local shop that planned and scheduled this trip required an advance certification for the first two dives of the day. This trip was two dives at the rig and then two at Anacapa.

What would I have done if they tried to jump off the boat?

They did try.

Thankfully I was dealing with reasonable people that were not willing to escalate the issue. Remember, a solution was found that made the customer happy and exposed these newbie?s to some awesome diving.

If things continued?
Getting the captain, other dive masters and instructors to assist in the persuasion would have also been an option. Ultimately I would not have physically been able to stop them if they were going to jump off the boat.

If the dive was without incident I could assure that they would not be booking an advanced trip with us (at the time) again. If the dive resulted in an incident, I would have been there for exactly what I was hired to do, manage a rescue. Post incident discussion and investigation would have revealed that the divers dived to spite our request not to. What more can we do?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]