Re: no offense taken

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by finfan on January 22, 2003 at 10:19:33:

In Reply to: Re: Agree with AA posted by Ken Kurtis on January 22, 2003 at 09:36:16:

None taken what so ever, I agree with all your points, but you have to admit your changing or modifying the discussion now. I could be wrong and maybe I missed it, but from what I gathered from the posts your OOA policy doesn't state under normal diving situations. I thought you said the policy was simply if you run out your done for the day.

AA's point and mine, which I believe are valid, is that there may be circumstances that suggest it not be so black and white. I didn't see it as out of the scope since I thought the policy was OOA,OOW for the day. Originally I thought you were reviewing on a caseby case basis, but some of the followup posts and discussion led me to believe you were trying to make it as black and white as possible.

Also Ken, I wouldn't change your policy and agree any intent to follow bad dive practices shouldn't be rewarded they should be discouraged. It's just nice to know that you would have considered the circumstances in my case and let me keep diving.

PS - I especially agree with your #4 and I realized it even before I decided to go in beyond where I could see the entrance. Even with that said, I am glad I'm not in a position today to even begin to wonder how I might feel had I decided not to go. Trust me, the dude knows I was twice as p*ssed off because he put me in the situation and making me have to make such a choice as I was with him for putting himself in the situation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]