Re: Boycott the French

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr Bill on March 12, 2003 at 00:21:07:

In Reply to: Boycott the French posted by Tribes on March 05, 2003 at 08:31:18:

I find this "logic" pretty absurd. To punish the French for expressing what I think is a very reasonable position and one shared by my friends throughout the globe simply shows the narrow focus and misunderstandings Americans often have for the world at large.

Keep in mind that the French have traditionally been one of our oldest allies. They supported us in our Revolution against the British for Independence. They gave us the Statue of Liberty. Perhaps we should see our involvement, at a late and "convenient" date in World War II, as our effort to partially repay them for their early support. Afer all, we did it for our ownm self-serving interests (although I heartily praise the Greatest Generation for their personal sacrifices in that effort- it is the government, as usual, which had the ulterior motives, our fighting men were far more idealistic and sincere.

As for me, I propose to buy even more French champagne, fine wine and table wine to show my support for what I think is a very rational position compared to that of the village idiot who currently runs our country.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]