I think I want my own regulator, but….

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff on May 03, 2003 at 18:11:35:

Hi all:
Well, am sure you’ve all been asked the same question before, I’m sort of at that point of trying to decide on whether or not to purchase, or continue to rent….

I’m a new diver (44 total so far, he says with pride!!), live in (landlocked, dammit) Arizona. Most of my dives will likely continue to be in California (so far on 3-day trips to northern Channel Islands), & here in the local lakes (Lake Powell, lakes at the 7000’ msl elevation, & just last week over in Lake Mead).

I’m not sure if I will advance to nitrox or “mixed gas” diving, although certainly won’t exclude that possibility. I want to someday learn to do wreck-diving (penetrations), but probably not cave diving.

The idea of having my own regulator appeals for several reasons, of course, like cleanliness, I know where it’s been & condition it’s in, and it (owning) may even encourage me to dive more often!

I’d like to buy something “made-in-America” that’s good in cold water (I intend to dive in Washington state, & B.C.); and one that will last a long time (doesn’t everyone!). So far, I’ve learned that I don’t like the rentals I’ve had that breathe wet – I’ve noticed this a lot when I “look up” or swim on my back / belly up (don’t know if that’s common with all, but I do see it mentioned in advertisements here & there).

Any advice, suggestions would sure be appreciated!
Thanks in advance….
Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]