Re: Mel..Vin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on July 03, 2003 at 10:19:53:

In Reply to: Re: A Customer like you posted by Melvin on July 02, 2003 at 13:09:13:

Mel..vin customers should go where they feel comfortable (Melvin if you like the people at SC then you should go there). Most small dive stores don't depend on walk-ins (like SC or on internet surfers, like DD)for there business. Most dive stores build there business from sells from there classes and referrals from there students. That's how I have survived for the last 23 years. The other thing that has help my store to survive is that I will not to sell poorly made life-support equipment to my customers.
Bryan(my part-timer), by the waytook the NOROP marine science course it was an 18 week program (4 skindives, and 8 scuba) he missed the last dive (if this was a PADI program he would of been certified an Open Water Advanced diver with the dives he made).
If you, Neptune, and eagle ray dive long enough you will see that there is a difference in the shops and a big difference in the equipment. But for now you guys are better off going to SC and DD (sometimes learning through discovery is the best way).

Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys
PADI Instructor #6301
NAUI Instructor #5888

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]