Excellent experience with Halcyon RMA

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on September 08, 2003 at 15:18:04:

Hi Guys,

It's all too often that we hear negative stories involving service from dive gear manufactures. I would like to share some good news and report that a recent Halcyon RMA exceeded my expectations!

My 36# wing had a small failure on one of the seams that caused it to leak air when fully inflated. It wasn't a catastrophic failure that would kill me, but was annoying and was clearly a manufacturing defect. Billy from ReefSeekers helped me obtain an RMA number. I sent the wing off to Halcyon and later received an email from David Wassman telling me that the wing would be replaced under warranty and that a new one would ship out soon. Now get this - about a week after gettting a new wing from Halcyon, the phone rang and someone claiming to be David from Halcyon was asking if I had received the new wing and if I was happy with the repair? I was so shocked to get a phone call from Halcyon that I figured that it HAD to be one of my diving buddies screwing with me so I spent the first few minutes of the phone call trying to figure out who it "really" was! David must have thought that I was nut case :-)

It seems that Halcyon is also taking a DIR approach to quality and the RMA process! I couldn't be more impressed with the service that I received and it made me comfortable doing business with Halcyon in the future. Dave Wassman of Halcyon is doing an excellent job and his hard work is appreciated by this diver!

Ross Overstreet

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]