Re: Important unanswered questions, But.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry on December 02, 2003 at 12:38:35:

In Reply to: Important unanswered questions, But..... posted by bughunter2000 on December 01, 2003 at 17:43:13:

Yes it is a undoubtedly tragedy that deserves respect, but the causes of this accident could have serious implications for us all. It is NOT morbid curiosity that creates these questions, but an absolute necessity to learn how an experienced diver floating RIGHT NEXT to his buddy could "slip under the waves" and drown with no apparent malfunction other than an inflator hose. If that is in fact what happened we need to learn how to anticipate and deal with such things ourselves, because this certainly does not appear to be a death due to inexperience.

The only thing I can think of is that the BC filled with water, but I still can't believe that was the only contributing factor.

I never knew the man, but from what I read I understand he was greatly admired both for his personality and his experience. I am new to the world of diving and obviously I want to learn as much as I can about what dangers to anticipate and avoid, and I think this tragedy certainly qualifies.

-Barry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]