P.V. Beach Problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nate D on January 15, 2004 at 17:02:26:

Today I took a walk along the beach in P.V. from the high school to near golden cove. I walk along the beach all the time looking at stuff and collecting washed up stuff. I found 48 lobster traps washed up on shore!! I can also say that about 30 of them are from the last 3 weeks.
Other then supplying me with nice floats they really clutter up the beachs. I know these thing are ment to fail in the open position but in the time they were in the water there was no chance of this happening. Now I ask how many lobsters died in these traps? Better question, how many short bugs died in these traps? I also noticed thay they seem to pull LOTS of kelp in with them. I mean like 100feet long piled like 4 feet high!
What can be done? Most of the traps were still connected to the floats (thanks guys i now have 8 new floats). Can we get these guys for littering or someting? I found 5 floats from one boat! Let me know what you think....
I would like to say thank you to these lobster fisherman for all the nice gear they toss overboard, 3 new quick release clips will work nice for a new floatline.
Wish I could of taken a pic of the military chopper the flew over about 20 feet off the deck and got me soaking wet. That was cool.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]