I'm happy with my SC parka

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on February 05, 2004 at 12:40:47:

In Reply to: I have a Sporets Chalet Parka posted by Wayne on February 05, 2004 at 11:55:39:

Hi Guys,

Beth and I have SC parkas and have been really happy with them. I don't think there's much difference between any of the brands (True West, Warm Winds, SS, or even the new ones that JMJ is making in Torrance). Sure, there's little things like elastic versus velcro, deeper pockets vs shallow ones, inside pockets, embroidered names, etc. All of them are some sort of wind resistant nylon shell with _roughly_ the same thickness synthetic liner.

1. Any dive parka will make a huge difference compared to no dive parka

2. Most parkas look exactly alike and there are at least a dozen hanging near the door on every dive boat. I took a silver paint pen and wrote my name in big letters on both sleeves and behind the hood. This makes it really easy to spot in the mass of parkas.

3. Scissors fixed all the Sports Chalet logos in short order :-)

I paid $115 @ SC for mine. I *think* the JMJs area about $150 at SeaDSea. The new JMJs come in a cool silver color that I like and JMJ is great about fixing things if there's a defect or if you somehow tear it up.

Cheers,
Ross

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]