sticker shock.... among other things.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by fishkiller on April 10, 2004 at 17:16:04:

well, i finally woke up from my winter's long sleep, tried to buy a fishing liscense for freedive hunting and just about went into oxygen debt when i heard about the liscense changes for this year. i was told that one needs to buy a combination salt and fresh water liscense (for 30+ dollars) to hunt for fish this year!!! this is completely rediculous !!! i live in long beach, MANY miles from any fresh water fishery that i might consider freediving. anybody know what the fines are for taking fish from the pacific ocean without a current liscense is?.... it just might be worth taking the chance for the fine! after i calmed down (a little)the nice person that i spoke with at BIG-5 mentioned that there might be a discount or waiver for people of native american blood. since i am a registered member of the chocktaw nation of oklahoma i might be able to apply, so i asked him if i could get this discount at this store, now. he said no, that i would need to visit one of my friendly neighborhood DF&G locations. LIKE I WANT TO MAKE TIME FOR THAT!!!
so to recap,
1) what are the fines for taking fish without a liscense?
2) anyone know anything about a discount or waiver for people of native american blood?

I WANT TO BARF!!!! ,
fishkiller

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]