Re: Dive report / Reef Seekers 4-10-04

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by stephen clark on April 11, 2004 at 14:48:44:

In Reply to: Dive report / Reef Seekers 4-10-04 posted by Tim Johnson on April 11, 2004 at 13:56:31:

I was on the Great Escape yesterday as well. The weather was calm enough to stay but the GE weighed anchor after the 1st set of dives after the DM told me we would be on Farnsworth for a second set of dives.
Conditions below were not ideal... 20' Vis + a pretty strong surge... but no current to speak of. While down around 75' I saw a diver's tank come adrift. I signaled to the buddy and he took care of cinching up the strap and resecuring the tank. I was indisposed with a large, fragile & ungainly video setup and didn't get my hands on the cam to check its tightness. Apparantly the strap came loose again at the surface. I didn't ask but I'm guessing that the DM reasoned the tankless diver stood a good chance of getting hurt or worse if we stayed at Farnsworth. I really wanted to go down there again without the camera so I could savor my favorite dive spot. I went to great lengths to make that dive because of the location and feel a bit short changed because we left so abruptly. Am also a little miffed at the DM's insistance that all divers stay above 100'. The next spot we dove was Arrow Point. It's nice but not incredible. I love the dive shop but next time I hit Farnsworth it won't be with Reef Seekers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]