Re: You don't have an ax to grind do you?

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gosford on May 02, 2004 at 23:10:25:

In Reply to: You don't have an ax to grind do you? posted by Elaine on May 02, 2004 at 22:34:19:

No, Elaine, I don't, at least not personally against the Captain, but perhaps a little whetting of the edge against all these whiners saying, "Oh, the poor Captain. Why's everybody pickin' on him...?"
The Captain is always responsible, PERIOD.
As in the water, a diver has final responsiblity for him/herself.

Ray needs to step-up and take responsibility - something that is so very rare in so many venues these days. And, honestly, I’ll really be surprised if he does.

Diving is a dangerous activity - it is literally life & death (despite what PADI says) everytime you place that 2nd stage mouthpiece between your lips. When diving from a boat, a passenger must be able to depend on the "professional" who runs that vessel, not a weekend warrior with the letters DM attached to his signature (although some DMs are professional and dedicated to their often unappreciated task). If they can't count on that support, well then, you have Capt. Ray's situation with a diver missed for not one, but two dives.
Unconscionable

So, Elaine that is my opinion (based on many years of of expeerience). No ax in particular.

Gos

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]