Your post has nothing to do with Woodland Hills

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on May 26, 2004 at 10:56:09:

In Reply to: SSA , Woodland Hills. posted by Dale W. on May 26, 2004 at 04:52:01:

Why are you attacking me? I don't hunt lobster and I really don't know much of anthing about lobster hunting. I have watched people who do catch lobsters take some teasing. I do know that sometimes people who catch huge ones are teased about catching "shorts". I do know two very large guys who can make everything look small in comparison to their size, they get a lot of teasing and take it very well. I have never seen a divemaster "laughing" about fish and game regulations. If you have an issue, you should bring it up with the people involved at the time. I'm not a policeman for your perceptions.

I don't have anything against the Woodland Hills SSA store. I don't have anything against rebreathers. What I do wonder about is why the owner of the store doesn't put up a post about what he does to try to promote responsible marine stewardship. You seem to think that he is promotes this awareness in his diver training, why doesn't he make a statement for himself about himself, it seems to me that it would be the best way for him to clear up any misconceptions that people have. Once again, I have no control about the perceptions people got due to a "riding an angle shark" video.

What this whole topic does make me wonder about is if the fish and game laws should be "different" for people who are using rebreathers while they hunt. I wonder if any studies have been done, and I don't know if fish and game has ever thought about it. I personally don't a rebreather on any kind of regular basis because I personally don't find them all that helpful for the kind of diving that I do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]