No refunds were given by us

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chamber Day Committee on June 08, 2004 at 14:39:04:

In Reply to: Chamber Day refunds were given? posted by Ocean Bobber on June 08, 2004 at 10:36:45:

I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you'd like to e-mail me privately with the details, I'd be happy to look into this.

No refunds were given by the Chamber Day event as an entity. Now, it may well be that some of the individual store sponsors had people who backed out or who made reservations and then canceled them. If they (the store) issued a refund before the event, that's out of our influence, knowledge, and control.

But our official policy for years has been that this is a non-refundable event - once you've paid for a ticket, you can certainly give it to someone else but we don't issue refunds.

And the reality is that all the boats were full so even if any spots were refunded by a store sponsor, they were re-sold so the Chamber didn't lose any money. We had a total of 427 divers participating this year in the daytime event, which includes those on the Flying Dutchman. This week we're trying to wrap up all the accouting and it looks like our offical final total is going to be around $79,500 which is even better than we did last year.

So, on behalf of the Chamber, thank you all once again.

Ken Kurtis
Chairman, Chamber Day/Eve 2004

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]