buy fishing licenses

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deb Karimoto on June 12, 2004 at 14:08:28:

In Reply to: Re: I was curious. posted by Sonke on June 12, 2004 at 12:54:16:

I bought my first fishing license this year when Sonke first brought up the suggestion of non-consumptive users supporting DFG efforts by purchasing licenses back in January or so. I have read arguments for both sides, and have not decided entirely which is more right, but I suppose my actions speak for which side of the fence I am inclined to lean.

I don't know if I will ever actually use the license to take, although I have no problem with fishing for food as long as the target species is abundant and bycatch is minimized.

In an era of shrinking financial resources, I want to do my part to support the management of our natural resources. $36.50 (license and ocean enhancement stamp) is a small price to pay to help support an agency on which we place such an enormous responsibility. Do we want the marine species managed well so that future generations will benefit? Do we want adequate enforcement officers out there to help prevent poaching? Are we prepared to sit back and hope the state government does not whittle away the department and allow the resources to be scoured by overfishing, illegal activity, and inadequate research to support the department?

Even if you're not part of the problem, you CAN be part of the solution.

Debbie Karimoto
OC Divebums

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]