Re: Team Diving

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 19, 2004 at 12:32:51:

In Reply to: Re: Team Diving posted by Tribes on August 19, 2004 at 11:55:05:

Jim,

I harbor no hatred for either you or Ken, I'm indifferent towards the both of you. Neither one of you are important enough in my life to consider you beyond the scope of cyberspace.

That being said Jim, my point was in fact directed at your attempt at making a point. In other words, it appears that you are arguing that GUE isn't teaching anything new, and that L.A. County and/or the YMCA has been teaching the same thing for over 50 years.. You then counter your very own argument whereby one only need ask if such a procedure has been being taught for over 50 years, then why is it you feel the need to prompt a discussion about a subject matter that has been around for nearly a half a century? Furthermore, there is a tremendous difference between the "buddy system" promulgated by L.A. County, and the Y, versus what GUE is advocating. Accordingly my only real comment was that since you aren't qualified or informed at any level as to what is taught by these 3 respective agencies, and it's clear that you lack the information to speak to the vast ideological divide between a "buddy system" and "diving in a unified team" why should anyone consider your comments on a serious level??? I'm happy to have the conversation about it, but I just don't accept the premise of your argument. It seems to me that you are saying that this or that has been around for 50 years, but then readily admit the very key differences that GUE is trying to bridge, such as the difference between a buddy system -v- diving in a unified team.. Does GUE's success bother that much that no matter what they do, you try to give credit elsewhere?

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]