He's got a year

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on August 31, 2004 at 11:21:17:

In Reply to: The Never Ending Story posted by Tribes on August 31, 2004 at 10:52:27:

He has a year to file a suit. I suspect I will happen before that year is up regardless of what he said initially. With all of the publicity I'm sure that more than one lawyer has offered to take up "his cause." The fact Open Water is in release is what keeps bringing it back. Did you notice in the latest issue of DAN's Alert Diver is using the movie and Dan's incident to push their "tag system." I have also received my share of dive spam using the movie to push dive-alerts, safety sausages of various kinds, and similar devices.
The key is PADI and other commercial entities will use any opportunity they can see for marketing, but that is what successful commercial entities do; sell, sell, sell.
What irks me about PADI is that current issue of Alert Diver says PADI is "working with the Coast Guard to improve safety procedures." However PADI still refuses to take any disciplinary action for their dm/instructor who botched the count and was the root cause of the Drifting Dan incident. If PADI were truly concerned about diver safety they would have taken at least some token disciplinary action in this case.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]