The Never Ending Story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tribes on August 31, 2004 at 10:52:27:

I was at the barber shop today and was waiting, for a real Barber (I go to a real Barber Shop, they have power tools at a real Barber Shop, not like the girlie men hair stylist). While I was I waiting, I picked up a “Men’s Magazine”(again this is a real Barber Shop, they still have men’s magazines there) and what did I find but an article about being Stranded at Sea. The article written by Jeff Wise and tells the story about our old friend Dan Carlock. The Magazine is the Man’s Journal Aug. 2004 issue, page39.
There were some very interesting quotes the article: The first one was that, “When Carlock surfaced he found himself alone, surrounded by fog, with no boat in sight”. This is a little different from the story that went around the industry.
PADI had some interesting recommendation for boat diving. In the article, PADI now recommends that divers carry whistles, flares, mirrors and as well as shark-repelling devises on every dive (I’m sure PADI soon be marketing the new Drifting Dan Kit, with all those items in a package).
Then the final quote, and I think the most telling: “Dan’s concern is to make the industry safer, and he’s exploring options for doing that, says Scott Koepke, Carlock’s LAWYER. He wants to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else.”
I wonder what he means by that?

Tribes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]