"How chicny can one customer be?"

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on September 06, 2004 at 09:15:13:

In Reply to: Re: Correction posted by Ken Kurtis on September 05, 2004 at 22:29:52:

The last time I was in for a air fill. I had 6 full sized tanks and two pony tanks. I still had more than two weeks before the 1st of the month. The tanks did not require a VIP at that time.

Normally I drop off my tanks in the morning and pick them up in the evening. Luckily I hung around and did some shopping. When I noticed the guy bleeding off the tanks. I asked him what he was doing. He just took it for granted that I wanted VIP's on all 8 tanks. I am not a tight bastard, but I had some problems with this.

1. I did not request VIP's.

2. The dive shop employee did not inform me. That I was going to be charged for 8 VIP's.

3. Due to my work schedule, that I was going on my last dive of the season. I knew I was not going to be able to dive for at least 6 months. I would have preferred to get fresh VIP's at the beginning of my next dive season.

4. Yeah, I could have afforded the VIP's, but that was part of the money I was shopping with. So instead of buying a piece of equipment from the dive shop. That was filling my tanks. I went to the dive shop down the road.

5. Customers are people and do not like to be taken for granted.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]