Re: Bonaire crime?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SoBay Jim on September 09, 2004 at 17:07:05:

In Reply to: Bonaire crime? posted by Karen on September 09, 2004 at 16:25:59:

My girlfriend and I were there in November of last year and didn't have any problems. There was one time we were going to dive from shore and there were a few "unsavory characters" hanging about. So, we moved on. But in general I would recommend the same precautions as in any resort town. For example, be careful what part of town you wander into after dark. Use the in room safe and lock the hotel room when you leave. Don't leave items unattended. Travel in groups when possible, etc.

We had a GREAT time! The diving was wonderful. The people were friendly. The food was good. (We stayed next to Capt Don's and ate there many times.) Best of all is the fact that you can dive anywhere up and down the coast by simply picking up a few tanks from your dive shop, drive to the spot, suit up on shore, the walk out to an incredible array of underwater life. Of course there is also great diving right in front of most of the resorts.

We've also been to Maui, Fiji, Belize, Jamaica, Loreto Mexico (Sea of Cortez side of Baja) and do a bunch of diving around Los Angeles.

Bonaire ranks with Belize among my favorites and is on my list to go back to soon!

Cheers!

Jim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]