on the other hand...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on September 15, 2004 at 13:02:14:

In Reply to: Need Help/Equipment Advice???? posted by TomR on September 14, 2004 at 14:24:18:

I'd say *don't* worry about what you're going to need in the future. If you are into this sport, trust me, you're going to buy more gear. Buy stuff you will enjoy now, can afford now, and do a lot of diving. And part of that is being friendly with your local dive shop, it'll be a place you can hang out, a group you'll want to dive with.

to specifics, I'm the one guy you'll ever hear from that doesn't like backplates. Had one and sold it, I found it uncomfortable on land, carrying tanks around, but great in the water. I have a transpac now and like it more. I've tried on the knighthawk and I agree, it is comfy.

I had an older scubapro and did like that it was a good, basic reg design. But I found that my 2nd stages always needed tuning. Here's a suggestion: talk to the guy in the repair shop about a good basic reg, not the salesman.

I have an Aeris 500AI computer, I liked it better than the cobra because the numbers were bigger and layed out better.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]