Looking for an Instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KnowItAll on October 06, 2004 at 00:01:22:

In Reply to: Need scuba instructor referral posted by No Worries on October 04, 2004 at 21:23:34:

Hi!

I’m a diver and have been diving for several years now, so I know as much as all those instructors out there, but I never took any classes past my Open Water Class, so I can’t sign off my fiancé.

So I’d like to ask all of you to recommend a great instructor for my fiancé. Not that I know any of you and not that I’d spend any time talking to you, just give me a name and a phone number. Most important to me is that you recommend someone that will give personalized instruction and not charge a whole bunch of money. In fact, I’d prefer that you recommend someone that charges below market value yet will go to extraordinary lengths to spend lots of extra time with my fiancé, who I love dearly, and make sure that she does not have to be bothered with learning about ocean dynamics. After all, she doesn’t need to learn proper surf entries and exits, she will be diving with me, and since I know as much as any instructor, I will be taking care of her and will be making all her decisions for her. She doesn’t need to learn to take care of herself; I’ll make all those decisions for her.

And by the way, I have a manual that is only three years old and has only been read once (once was good enough for me), so please recommend someone that won’t require her to buy a new, updated manual that has current information.

And don’t bother to ask me any specific questions about her strengths or weaknesses, or her interests in diving. I’ll be telling her what her strengths and weaknesses are, and what her interests are. And don’t bother to recommend any of those “I’m Diving Right” (IDR) folks, cause I think they are all nutcases.

So just tell me someone that will certify my beloved fiancé cheaply and with lots of personal attention, cause I haven’t ever had a problem diving and I shouldn’t have to waste my money on subsidizing you overpaid Scuba Instructors.

You are all making the big bucks and are overpaid anyway, so please recommend an Instructor that can’t get enough referrals to fill up his classes so he won’t over-charge me for certifying my fiancé, who I love dearly and for whom I would sacrifice no expense to make sure she gets a good education in her Open Water class.

No Worries about Safety for my beloved Fiance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]