Propaganda

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on October 27, 2004 at 21:34:42:

In Reply to: more likely posted by John M. on October 27, 2004 at 12:38:22:

I have heard about "outside environmental activists". That appeared in other states and used some absurb propaganda tactics. I hope this is not what happened at children's cove. The cases that I am aware of and I wish I could remember all the specifics. Outside enviromental activisits came in and really twists the facts. Manipulating the local press and swayed the local vote.

I consider myself a enviromentalist, but I prefer to base my politics on facts and not over exagerated or fabricated stories.

The blanket protection policy on some species is not always good in my book. I considered this a last ditch attempt to save a species. I believe in most cases animals and fish should be controlled by Fish and Game Dept. Like the rules to protect Great White Sharks and other species. I don't see a shortage of seals in California.

Like the blanket protection on mountain lions. I have had them in my front yard, back yard. I have been stalked by them. My neighbor had to get a special permit to kill two of them. Because they like to eat his dogs. I am not a hunter. I do know each mountain lion needs 10 square miles for their hunting territory. I have seen about 5 different lions in the 10 square miles I live in. Considering a sighting of a mountain lion to be very rare. There are most likely more than 5 mountain lions in my neck of the woods. I can't wait till the mountain lions move into the city and start eating the family pets ;-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]