Trip Report: Miguel, Talcott, & Cruz with the Sea Divers

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on December 10, 2004 at 21:41:15:

I went to Boomerang and Skyscraper, Talcott Shoals, and Santa Cruz Island with the Sea Divers last weekend aboard the Peace.
The ride out on Friday night was incredibly smooth. You could never tell we left the harbor. Because I was still recovering from my return trip from Cozumel I slept thought our first dive at Boomerang Bank. But I made the second dive at Skyscraper and took some pictures. The day was beautiful with a calm seas.

We then moved to Talcott shoals. On the first dive I got one bug and other divers cam back with a few. On the the second I got four bugs, Chris Cervellone came back with a nice one, and Kathryn nabbed her first bug of the season. On the third dive at Talcott I picked up two more bugs and Kathryn did as well. We then moved for dinner. I know several divers made the night dive, however I dove into my bunk just after dinner and I know nothing of what transpired.
About 2 AM the boat began to rock and roll. When I got up in the morning it was raining and the sea was not looking friendly. Captain Eric moved to West Cove at Santa Cruz, because it was out of the wind. This is an absolutely stunning dive site with many small pinnacles, great topography, and abundant life. Several Sea Divers did well bug hunting here, but I choose to take pictures. I got some very nice ones of a Pacific harbor seal (Phoca vitulina richarii).

Pacific harbor seal (Phoca vitulina richarii)

As I was preparing for my second dive, it hailed as well as rained. That makes the first time I have ever dove in a hail storm.

In spite of the hail, it was a great Sea Divers trip.

You can see all of my pictures from the trip here!

You should consider joining us on our next Sea Divers trip on Saturday January 8 to Santa Barbara Island aboard the Pacific Star.

© Chris Grossman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]