Re: And you call yourself a diver

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on January 10, 2005 at 15:13:16:

In Reply to: And you call yourself a diver posted by seahunt on January 10, 2005 at 14:53:41:

>I've never really looked at V-Planner... Curious...
Free download from V-planner.

>I've had problems making fast grabs with stuff on my wrist. Too much smashed gear. Do you go after the bugs much? My console stays in place really nice.
I have been grabbing bugs on nearly every dive lately. I've never had a problem with wristmounts getting in the way. I keep mine on two bungsse each, so I can alway turn them to the inside of my arms if necessary.

>Hmmmmmm... I like them tight, but then I never go near a gill net. I think there would be no problem releasing since I can take it off and on pretty easy UW. ... Still, I stay away from gill nets.
I sometimes remove gill nets from wrecks, so I need to be careful of dangling gear. A one foot rope can also get caught in kelp, wrecks, boat props and ladders/swimsteps and more specifically your first stage. Hard to get out of your gear if you can't untangle the rope. :-)

> liked it on my chest D Ring in the day, but found it a problem at night.
I never have a problem with mine, day or night. Also, if I'm buddy diving, my buddy will always know where to look for my air pressure.

>Oh, I should add that next wetsuit I want two thigh pockets. One with a flap and one without like I have now. In the flap one I want a sausage, a chem light, my small backup light and a mirror. The non-flap one is for a lens and stuff I pick up.
Fifth Dimension sells a pair of neoprene shorts that go over your suit. They come with pockets attached. I have two pockets on my drysuit that hold my shears(for the gill nets), spool and small slate. If I ever take a GUE class I will add a spare mask. All items are clipped to a bungee in the pockets to prevent accidental loss.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]