Re: What is your favorite computer: thoughts

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on January 18, 2005 at 14:46:59:

In Reply to: Re: What is your favorite computer posted by Chris on January 18, 2005 at 10:24:37:

My wife dives with an Aeris and a DiveRite Duo -diveRite as primary, Aeris as back-up; I dive with a Suunto air integrated Cobra. We both recently got SensusPro dive recorders which download to a PC or Palm (no display, but a 10 year battery life!)

Since I have them, the DiveRite and Suunto are both excellent computers - among the more conservative. I like the user-replaceable battery feature of the DiveRite, but the Suunto has a long battery life (3 years), plus I'd have it serviced anyway to change batteries as its air intergrated.

If I had to buy new equipment, I'd go with an SPG and guage, Navy tables for planning, a console mounted ($130 - 160) Aeris to monitor multi-level profiles during dives, and the SensusPro to record dive profile and serve as back-up (its around $100). Would leave the Aeris at home for beach dives, as these dives are table-based anyway and no use scratching up a computer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]