Why is Drifting Dan Lucky?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on January 29, 2005 at 20:07:51:

In Reply to: Darwin already missed getting him posted by northcoast diver on January 29, 2005 at 18:52:10:

When diving in other countries, I've wondered if I had been forgotten a couple of times. My reaction was always 1) What is the closest thing that I can get to and how can I get closer to it (land, structure, anything so I wasn't going to end up passively drifting. 2) How can I make myself as visible as possible - safety sausage, whistle, mirror, flashlight, flashing stobes. Anything that will make me easier to see. Never not once have I ever decided to sit there and flipping drift. In that situation you do anything and everything to increase the chances that someone will see you. In every case I'm sure that the crew knew that I was out there but if they didn't I was going to do everything possible to get someone to notice me. Sitting there passively drifting like I was waiting at a bus stop was never an option that came to mind. I can't even conceive of where this guys head must have been to act like he did.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]