then this is their 3rd casualty locally that I have heard of

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by northcoast diver on January 31, 2005 at 10:38:39:

In Reply to: Diver hurt in Monterey this weekend posted by Eric S on January 31, 2005 at 09:47:25:

Their (GUE's) first casualty locally was a guy with a new gauge-mode computer that gave him bad readings and caused him to omit decompression stops. He breathed surface oxygen rather than go to the recompression chamber. Dual gauges for redundancy would have successfully prevented the omitted decompression situation.

Their second casualty was a diver experiencing DCI symptoms after a dive and therefore making a trip to the local recompression chamber as treatment. I suppose the issue there is greater conservativism settings needed.

This then becomes the third incident, the stuck LP inflator. You are supposed to be able to quickly disconnect those. It also helps if you have a double hose - double bladder system as well, for redundancy. I suppose the stuck-open inflator aborted the dive for him, and so redundancy was not an issue.

I have not heard anything about the latest incident. But the dive store where I take my tech gear usually hears everything, so I will find out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]