My favorite film

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeff Shaw on February 01, 2005 at 22:40:01:

In Reply to: Yes! A man who appreciates film! posted by Elaine on February 01, 2005 at 22:03:26:

Waaaaay back in 1996 was when I shot my last roll of film I was very excited to embrace the New Digital imaging. Photoshop 2.5 was cool and the camera back needed to be tethered to a dedicated computer.

I miss film. Remember the first time you said "Hey wait my frame counter is on 40" and you realize that the film slipped and never advanced. Or the time or two you go to put film in to a camera only to open it and see some spool from Aunt Thelmas Wedding.

I would shoot with two rollfilm backs.
TMAX 100 and Fuji Velvia
Sheet film was always Ectachrome 100

I could not shoot with a 35mm to save my life.
Then I switched to a PhaseOne rig and have not shot annother roll.

The other day my 19 year old daughter was given a Bjork album for her birthday. She had NEVER used a turntable. I had to show her how you had to carefully balance the arm and drop the needle in this little band on the edge. She was flabberghasted. She made some crack about where to put the coal in. I assured her that it ran on electricity.

Elaine, we are very close to a new generation who think that film cans are interesting and quaint. Got any old metal ones?

I miss film. But not the bulbs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]