Re: Moose Brothers Bug Hunting Trip

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on February 02, 2005 at 07:21:38:

In Reply to: Re: Moose Brothers Bug Hunting Trip posted by Dave on February 01, 2005 at 23:07:47:

I was hoping that someone would ask this question.
Let me tell you a story about a poor diver that I have known for about 2 years now and he has been struggling to bring up a legal bug. Once in awhile he would bring up a nice 2 or 3#er but rarely a bug around legal size. He would yell at us at the back deck and say he had a legal bug and for us to check it for him. We would and always find them to be about 1/8" short.
His has been very frustrated about this and really was getting depressed. Anyway his gauge was sitting on the live game well this last weekend and I started looking at the gauge. No real reason, it was just bent a little so I was straightening it. As I was doing this I noticed that the gauge said 3"s on it. I thought no way. I asked Terry to get a gauge to check it and sure as shit, it was ¼" short. Terry and I instantly began to laugh as now the entire last 2 frustrating years made sense. If you look closely you will see that the other side of the gauge is in fact 3 and ¼", he just put in on backwards.
When I explained this to him in front of the entire boat, he turned red, and said, " I ain't sayin nothing".
This is a true story; the names were changed to protect the guilty.
Captain Tim Burke
Great Escape Charters Inc.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]