diver.net

Annaul Visual Inspection - What is your favorited dive shop near the coast?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Mojostone on August 03, 2005 at 20:06:17:

I do not get to visit many dive shops. So I am not up on the average price for dive gear maintenance. Last week I took 3 of my 8 tanks into my local dive shop for annual visual inspections. One was a brand new 13 cu.ft. pony tank. Which I had received as a gift and which had never held air before. The other two were steel 80 cu.ft. tanks. I was charged $20 for each visual and $5 for each air fill. I really feel. The price for the 13 cu.ft. pony was unfair. $25 is not going to make or break me. It is the thought that someone is taking advantage of me. That gets me hot. I only wish to be treated fairly. My dive buddy who was charged $5 to refill a spare air after some expensive regulator work. Is irritated also.

I decided to search for a more reasonable dive shop. When I lived in Long Beach. Pacific Wilderness was my favorite shop. I checked their website and found. That they only charged $5 for visual inspections and only $2 or $3 for a refill. I think this is on the lower side of the price spectrum and most dive shops average out some where between these two shops.

Fortuantely I am going to Malaga Cove and Christmas Tree Cove in a week. So I will swing by Pacific Wilderness have my other tanks inspected and most likely pick up a new Atomic B2 regulator. While I am at it. Since I will be in a dive shop. That does not leave me feeling raped.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to