diver.net

Re: Re: disappointing guided tour

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Derek Strong on August 22, 2005 at 04:54:05:

In Reply to: Re: disappointing guided tour posted by Mike on August 21, 2005 at 17:42:51:

Thanks Mojostone, Mike, and Jeff. Aside from our certification, this was our first shore dive and with our certification, the shore dive was in a lake (given that the ocean was about 1000 miles away). All of our other dives had been from dive boats and we never had a problem. Obviously, there's always the likelihood of getting a bad guide, but I think you are correct that dive boats may be the best way for us to go for a while.

On the plus side, this problem did get me looking into review and discussion sites more. I belong to several for the various activities in which we engage but I guess because all of our experiences until this one had been positive I never bothered with looking for a diving board . . . until now and from what I've seen so far, this one is great. Very friendly, supportive, and great advice.

I look forward to reading a lot more and hopefully adding something useful every now and then.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to