diver.net

Re: sea lion request Re: Discover California Diving DVD and CD-ROM

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Thompson on September 02, 2005 at 13:31:31:

In Reply to: Re: Discover California Diving DVD and CD-ROM digital dive guide feedback request posted by Ross-O on September 02, 2005 at 00:40:46:

Ross,

Thank you VERY much for the feedback -- we certainly would love more from others.

To answer your question yes, we have sea lion footage I put up a example for you here: http://www.destinationproductions.com/DiscoverCaliforniaDiving/videos

Please note that this clip has the audio track that one might see and hear on the CD-ROM. The DVD main feature is different as it has cool music and a Female voiceover (as does the whole DVD) . I don’t want to be misleading.

I don't want to trouble people with to many details but yes, we also have great white shots, HUGE pacific Giant Octo, the descent onto the Yukon and flyovers with the scooters - etc. Some of the footage has been on the BBS as well as TV but it isn't HD - Imax stuff.

Most of the footage is geared to show the maximum of the dive site is the shortest time -- compressing the dive, often showing more of the site than on might see on 4 dives if they were swimming.

Lastly on version 2 --- man we did this because we wanted to help diver see just how cool California is as whole. But covering 800 miles of coastline, dealing with the june bloom, NC fog, big swell and deep water really takes a toll …. Oh not to mention that will will never recover our investment ;-)

But we did it more for love than anything else – luckily we were able to siphon $$ from our production company to fund this..

Thanks again,

Jim

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to