diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Responsible Spearfishing, diving, and fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deb Karimoto on September 16, 2005 at 14:26:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Responsible Spearfishing, diving, and fishing posted by Elaine on September 16, 2005 at 14:01:30:

Yes Elaine, I am talking only about the responsible and law abiding users of our resources.

I will not hold all scuba spearfishers responsible for the bad actions of a few, just like I won't hold responsible all free-diving spearfishers for the bad actions of a few. That's stereotyping.

Assuming the worst about all members of a group just because you've seen very bad examples of some may be influencing your opinions and I understand that but it's not fair to those who do act responsibly and within the letter of the law.

I keep trying to drive home the point that we need to have mutual respect for all users. Calling them lawbreakers isn't going to help us move in a positive solution-oriented direction.

I know there are problems with fisheries management but there are successes too. I'm no Pollyanna. But let's try to get some mutual respect and common goals going here. There are enough places to disagree down the road!

Debbie

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.