diver.net

It can be aggrivating when people don't respond

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on September 23, 2005 at 12:24:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Sundiver Boat posted by andy on September 23, 2005 at 12:04:46:

I understand that completely. A good complaint post might have said "I have emailed Captain Ray several times and I am not getting a response. I don't like being ignored. Is his email working?"

In light of all of the issues that have come up in this thread I hope that one of the ones that sinks in is that when people kill critters, such as horn sharks, they are taking wonderful marine life out of the ocean. The fish and game laws seem to be designed to promote a sustainable population of the animals that people noramally hunt for and eat. I can't find where senseless killing is covered by the law. This omission creates frustration (on my part). Horn sharks do not regenerate very fast and taking them just because there is nothing that says you can't means that there will be fewer of these harmless creatures in the future for all of us to see. One way to show respect for the local dive community is to not harm the marine life.
When people bring up game that is not in accordance to the law it does put our dive boats and their captains in a jeopardizing position. A minor screw up from a beginner is understandable but I've seen many beginners be read the riot act for making mistakes. The fish and game laws are not suggestions, they are laws.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to