diver.net

Recipe - Shrimp Scampi & Linguine - 15 min prep time

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on October 13, 2005 at 10:06:46:

Hi Guys,

The serious chef's in the crowd may want to kill me for this one, but I thought it was really tasty so here goes...

It all started with a problem. I had a single lobster tail in the fridge that needed cooking. I would normally go grab a steak so that we would each have half a tail and half a steak. My typical side dish for this meal is grilled veggies. We do this one all the time and we absolutely love it, but we've already ate it several times since opener, and I wasn't in the mood to cut veggies for a half hour or to cook a steak. Hmmm, what to do...

For some reason the thought of a pasta dish had been stuck in the back of my mind. Some sort of creamy pasta thing with lobster in it sure sounded good but I don't first thing about pasta or sauce once it gets beyond spagetti. There had to be an easier way out that was still tasty. Then it hit me - I had seen some sort of frozen "skillet sensations" type of thing with shrimp & pasta at the grocery store a while back. Off to How's I went. A considerable search of the frozen food isle turned up a bag of Bertolli Shrimp Scampi & Linguine with roasted peppers in a garlic sauce. Plastered right on front was "Ready in 10 Minutes". A smile stretched across my face.

So here's the recipe:
1 bag of Bertolli Shrimp Scampi & Linguine
1 lobster tail
1 red bell pepper

Follow directions on bag of Bertolli mix
Start steaming lobster at same time you start Bertolli mix
Pull lobster after 6 mins of steaming, cut meat up in shrimp site chunks, add to Bertolli mix and cook for another 3 mins. It looked like it needed more bell peppers. I happened to have some red ones laying around so I chopped one up, fried it in some olive oil for a few mins, and added it to the mix.

We thought it was delicious and it only took about 15 mins total once all the stuff was on hand. Add a little bit of salad and half an orange and it was fast, tasty, and pretty healthy dinner.

Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.