diver.net

Re: How to swat the bug????

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nate D on October 21, 2005 at 10:12:49:

In Reply to: How to swat the bug???? posted by Kio on October 20, 2005 at 17:28:34:

Hello Kio!! Glad to see you got a few :) Everything people have told you is correct..
I am guessing that you are still hunting during the day (like myself) And that means they will be deep in the holes. I have found there is 2 kinds of day bugs.. The normal "this is my hole, it's deep. If you want me your going to have to risk that arm or yours" type and the "This is my hole, it may be deep bit I am going to charge out like an angry bull to see who in the heck is near my hole!" I like the latter of the two... They are much more easy to grab (this may explain why there aren't very many of them)

But the basics still apply, Find - check for backdoor - swoop - plunge your arm into the evil dark hole.. you will be rewarded with eather a pot of gold (clicking, tail flapping type) or a bunch of teeth in your hand...

And be warned, there is a MONSTER at Malaga!!! I have seen him twice now.. Bigger than my cat (my cat is 13 pounds) So he has to be around 9-10! His legs are big around as my thumb!! I am trying to catch him for the aquarium in Long Beach, but I have now been drop kicked twice...
Happy hunting- Nate D

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.