diver.net

Re: Earth to Jean

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on November 01, 2005 at 16:47:53:

In Reply to: Earth to Dave posted by Jean on November 01, 2005 at 09:28:35:

Jean,

You racist, sexist , elitist, pompous pig.....lol....that was such a classic SNL skit....

I already gave the "answer", and that is enforce Fish and Game laws within the Confines of our rights enumerated in the U.S. Constitution. Why do I have to respell that out for you?

"Why do you think the tuna, abalone, lobster, and countless other sea animal counts have diminished to grave numbers over the last 50 years?"

Commercial fisherman with indiscriminate longlines and purse seines!

Why do you think the goverment should be free to violate people's civil rights Jean?

"their probable cause is that it is lobster season, fishing season or whatever season it is, and that a boat full of divers, standing around holding up lobsters, is probable cause."

Oh gee, every day is crack season in Watts, but does that give the State the right to engage in warrantless searches absent probably cause and exigent cirumstances?

You clearly do not understand what probable cause means.

As to the people who died at the hands of Arab terrorists 9-11, they gave up a lot of their rights to board that plane...didn't do them much good, now did it?

Megan's law? If you had sex before you were 18 with a similarly aged guy, how would you like to have to register yourself as a sex offender and notify the police everywhere you went because you raped a boy under 18? If I had children, I wouldn't need Megans laws to deal with offenders, I would have Col. Colt, my Uncle Benneli and my twin brothers Heckler and Koch to deal properly with things.

As to giving up your rights, I personally think you can give up all the rights you want, that is your choice, just don't choose for me.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to