diver.net

Earth to Dave

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jean on November 01, 2005 at 09:28:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Earth to Elaine posted by Dave on October 30, 2005 at 11:02:26:

In the word's of SNL, "Dave you ignorant sl--..."

So what's the answer? Revert to the days of no environmental protection? Why do you think the tuna, abalone, lobster, and countless other sea animal counts have diminished to grave numbers over the last 50 years?

Or your answer is to appeal a judgement against yourself for an infraction of the law? You don't feel you should be held accountable for committing the crime? All because a DFG warden boarded a boat, which you assume he had no probable cause. Now, I didn't graduate from Harvard nor did I flunk out of the local JC, their probable cause is that it is lobster season, fishing season or whatever season it is, and that a boat full of divers, standing around holding up lobsters, is probable cause.

This is a free nation, but with out laws and enforcement all we have is chaos. I agree you should have privacy while tucked away in your windowless cabin in the mountains of Montana, but while intermingling in society one needs to understand that a certain amount of enforcement is needed and what is determined by individual agencies depends on the very nature of the laws that they are trying to enforce. By their very name, FISH and GAME Wardens, are here to enforce fish and game laws and regulations.

I bet those innocent victims on the 747s that crashed into the twin towers would have gladly given up a couple of their rights to live another day.

If the Coast Gaurd wants to stop and pop the hatch on my kayak and inconvenience me for five minutes to keep 25 pounds of heroin out of the country and away from my children, I'm all for it.

And what about Megan's Law, do you feel these sex offenders shouldn't have to register? I have two young children at home and I want to know who is living in my neighborhood.

Anyway, let's get back to diving. May my children have the same opportunities to view and fish the very oceans that Rosa Parks grandparents did.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to