diver.net

Civics

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on November 05, 2005 at 08:39:54:

In Reply to: Re: DFG topci started by Elaine sure is popular! posted by george austin on November 04, 2005 at 17:34:13:

1. Those wise old sages from the 18th century that founded this Republic are now considered "wacko extremists" - nutty old moldering "white guys" as dead in their graves as their ideas about human rights.

No, you are confusising intimidating, degrading, wacko sockpuppets who represent themselves as the messenger with decent human beings. Claiming people need things like intelectual spankings and to wipe mechanical animal asses is abusive and disgusting treatment of others.

2. The idea that most "divers" would rather have a DFG bootlicker inspect, cite and detain them or their fellows rather than shame the offending parties (poachers) (lobster hoarders) (wannabes)on their own. Its the "Oh, goody, here comes the nanny state to protect us all" modern Americanism.

A DFG "Bootlicker?" What a degrading thing to call a human being who is out there doing his job. The government consists of legislative, judicial, and executive branches. Untl people are perfect, there will be enforcement. Fish and Game is, amoung other things, ocean resource enforcement. Those Fish and Game employees did not have to tolerate me or my camera on top dealing with what they were there do do - but you know what - they did it and kuddos to them. Sir, there were 30 plus divers on the boat. Diving started at 2am and went pretty much until 8pm non stop. No one was looking in anyone elses game bag. It was a group of divers on vacation pursuing their hobbies and their interests - their personal happiness. Do you ever go on a dive boat? Are you the self appointed police? I don't know why the diver who was cited for a law violation did what he did - he was a little in shock over the whole thing and didn't want to talk much. Are his boat mates going to beat him for it - no, most divers are extremely kind people who don't get off on abusing others.

3. Elaines claptrap about how its only the men that are offended at being boarded by some cute guy in uniform (swoon) - implying that us men are somehow less than the punk kid with a badge and handcuffs. - (ever wonder why women were never considered intellectually fit to vote until the early 20th century?)

You made my blood boil with that ugly comment. "Claptrap" - EXCUSE ME. What a thoughtless and derogatory thing to say. My blood is still boiling. I don't hunt lobsters or any other ocean creature except for the purpose of photography. My perception of Fish and Game seems to be completely different that that of many people because I'm not breaking any fish and game laws. Officer Rojas is a good looking guy. I feel bad for officer Potter because I didn't single him out the same way. But a good looking man is a joy to behold. Women are allowed to appreciate a good looking man. It doesn't make Officer Rojas any less of a man. Thank god for good looking men. Both of these men put their lives on the line on a daily basis. I have also come to see that they tolerate some really bad public attitudes - what a tough job it has to be.

(ever wonder why women were never considered intellectually fit to vote until the early 20th century?)

You go find photos ANYWHERE on the Internet of what actually goes on during a fish and game inspection. GO DO IT.

I work idiot hard on the trip reports - hours that turn into days and sometimes a lot less sleep at night. I let things in my life that I can let slide - slide - so that I can get my trip reports up. I work hard to try and gain peoples trust so that they will allow me to shove a camera in their face and display the world of Southern Calfironia diving from my eyes. It is a privilege that they grant me and not something that I try to abuse. If people don't want their face shown, I try my darndest to respect their wishes, and, if I've ever screwed up it is human error and I try to keep to a minimum. I've gotten the help of the active dive community, boat captains, fish and game officials, Chris, and a whole slew of others to do what I do. The dive community is mostly a beautiful group of people. They are humans from all walks of life, from all different backgrounds, of all ages, diving experience levels - recreationals, techies, hunters, photogs, and researchers,, all sexes, races, marital status's, and sexual orientations. A huge mix of people that generally get along.

I won't tolerate what had to be a misinformed or thoughtless comment about women's intellectual fitness. You pissed me off, big time.

As for the haters, I agree with you entirely.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to