diver.net

Castaway on Catalina Island - Pete the Pufferfish

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on November 29, 2005 at 22:31:05:

Catalina's Castaway

This past weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Pete the Pufferfish. I wasn't on a tropical vacation but was instead visiting the Wrigley Environmental Science Center on Catalina Island. Pete the Puffer was found a while back marooned off Catalina Island. It is unclear exactly how he got this far north but his present home is in a small tank at Wrigley. Pete doesn't swim too fast because his tail fin is injured. His social life isn't too terrific because he spends his days in his tank all by himself. If released he probably wouldn't do too well because of his injury. I also heard that aquariums don't want to adopt castaway Pete due to his handicap. Geeze, handicapped fish are discriminated against. These are some photos of Pete. Maybe eventually he will see better days. He is expected to live, but probably not to recover entirely.

Pufferfish at Catalina, Photo by Elaine JobinPufferfish at Catalina, Photo by Elaine Jobin

Get well soon Pete and I hope that an aquarium with a a cute Pricilla the puffer will eventually adopt you.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to