diver.net

Huh?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on December 09, 2005 at 00:18:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Catalina Island and Marine Reserves posted by Mike on December 08, 2005 at 12:54:17:

"the MLPA AND WOULD HAVE EITHER ELIMINATED OR STRICTLY LIMITED ALL TAKE" - well, like yea, that is what they do. That is the idea. Quit killing stuff so that maybe it grows back.

White sea bass are ONE species in the ocean. Right now, just about everything including sea cucumbers are disappearing. Not just one thing. Dives with no fish can get a little uninteresting - fortunately nobody eats nudibranchs - yet.

The work done with white sea bass is commendable. It acknowledges the fact that the ocean is not some supply that will never run out. It isn't enough.

As for funding - I anticipate changes. If I want to see fish - I'm probably going to have to pay to keep human predators away. I have to pay to have a police force, pay an alarm company to keep robbers out of my house, so this is just one more PAY. This time I'll be paying to keep fish in the ocean - hummmm....... that picture isn't exactly right but I guess I will have to learn to live with it.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to