Date: December 17, 2005
Dive Location: Wreck of the Jenny Lynne
Buddy(ies): Ross-O and Brian B.
Time: 9:51
Bottom Time: :55
Max Depth: 139'
Vis: 30'+
Temp at depth: 58F
Comments: What a great day for diving the south side of Palos Verdes! Our first stop was the wreck of the Jenny Lynne, a fishing trawler that sank off Marineland last year. It was my fourth attempt at diving her, and the first with good visibility. I could see the top of the mast from the deck, and the multitude of metridiums, hydroids and fish everywhere.

Dive Location: Buchanan's Reef
Buddy(ies): Ross-O Elaine Jobin
Time: 12:06
Bottom Time: 1:07
Max Depth: 53'
Vis: 30'+
Comments: Elaine joined in the fun for dive 2. We didn't find as many nudibranchs as I do on the main reef at Marineland, but the conditions were so good, we didn't care. I found one nudi I hadn't seen before, Flabellina trilineata about five minutes after my camera batteries died. As Ross and I ascended, there was a large pipefish hanging out at the dive ladder. I allowed it to rest on my hand while Ross took pictures. We then took it back down to the reef.

Dive Location: Wreck of the F.S. Loop
Buddy(ies): Elaine Jobin
Time: 2:38
Bottom Time: 1:02
Max Depth: 70'
Vis: 40'+
Comments: This was the best vis I have ever seen on any of the wrecks near the breakwalls. While making a 20' deco stop I could still see Elaine snapping away with her Nikonos V at 70 feet. The section of the wreck we dived today was covered by Gorgonians, with many nudibranchs on the wreck. Among them were Tritonia festiva, Acanthodoris hudsoni, Acanthodoris rhodoceras and Doriopsilla spaldingi. We also spotted two Blue-ring Topsnails. It was some of the best conditions I've seen in awhile.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to